Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I Just Want To Cry

Do you ever have those days where you just want to cry? Sometimes you don't even know why, sometimes or most times it's because God is so good you just can't do anything else to express your thankfulness to Him. Or maybe the world is beating you down and you just can't take it anymore. Or maybe you have just started homeschooling a kindergartner and a pre-schooler, in the midst of the pre-schooler potty training (I know, let's not talk about it :-). Whatever  it may be you know that if you could just have a good cry, it would just feel really good!

Sometimes, we cry out of passion, sorrow, happiness and pain. I find that I have cried tears in all of these areas! A lot. Emotion, sheesh, I don't know what God was thinking! It sure does make things difficult sometimes, especially when you are an introvert who'd much rather keep things to herself. Keep it all bottled up.

Over the years I have learned that it's obviously okay to cry. Even Jesus wept (John 11:35). Shortest scripture in the Bible, right? He wept, He cried out, He had emotion when He was happy or sad. Well, we were made in His image so there you go. 

Honestly, most of my days these days are filled with tears that are expressing my absolute gratitude to God for all that He has done and all that He is doing. I am just so speechless and the only way to get it out is tears.

I am seeing the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. My favorite chapter in the Bible, Psalm 27:13, " I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."

I believe this Word and every word out of the mouth of  God with all of my heart. His Word is my lifeline. I know I've said this so many times it's probably annoying at this point, but I don't care. The Word of God, Jesus, Himself the living and active Word, if given attention in your life, WILL change you from the inside out. It will redeem, restore, convict and set you free.

 John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." This has really been a word that is changing me because I realize that it's not just the words out of God's mouth that are setting me free but it's God Himself, the living Word fighting on my behalf every day that I confess and wield Him as the weapon He is. Amazing right? God Himself, fighting on my behalf. Now that's enough to make you cry for joy. In the midst of it all, mountain high or valley low, God is God and He is sooooooo good.


No comments:

Post a Comment