Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2016

Happy 4 Year Anniversary

Philippians 1:6, " And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."

I am certain that 4 years ago today, God, began a good work within me. While it hasn't felt good or remotely looked like my definition of good, it has certainly been a good work in accordance with His word. It has been a work like no other. He has been stripping me and pruning me and making me into the person He wants me to be which is ultimately a person that bears His image, if that's even achievable. 

This day, 4 years ago, God spoke to me and told me I was healed of multiple sclerosis. I have since then been through so much and everything around me has tried to convince me otherwise. Some days, everything around me wins, but most days I stand and keep standing believing that God will continue to work on my behalf. That He is interceding for me, that He is for me and not against me despite what I feel and see every moment. 

I told myself I would document this day every year whether any body else recognized it with me. So here it is, another year down and hopefully many more to come with new victories every time. I'm still fighting and still persevering and that has to count for something, right?! 

I'll finish with the following scripture: 

2 Peter 3:9, " The Lord is slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

God is patient with me in this process and because of that He is bringing so much to the light causing me to repent and become more like Him. He's not slow and He isn't withholding His promises from me...He is waiting, He is watching and He is wanting me. He is jealous for me and wants me to succeed. He wants to prosper me. I will probably never understand why I'm walking this journey but thank God I don't have to in order to be victorious. I don't have any idea what the future holds, but I will continue to not be moved or shaken by my circumstances by hanging on to my unshakable God.

Here's to another year...



No comments:

Post a Comment