Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

I can have my cake and eat it too!

Yesterday was my birthday and God made it a really special day for me. I felt His mercy and His grace and His strength. I was able to get around and work on a couple of things around the house that have been needing some attention from me. It was exhilarating and exhausting all at the same time! But I did it and was able to recover quicker than I would have been able to a week ago. Last night, my amazing family threw me a party and it was a lot of fun. We had a great dinner and my sister made me a gluten free and dairy free cake. This cake was delicious! I'm pretty sure I should eat a piece of it a day! LOL!

I obviously didn't just jump on here to talk about cake but I thought the title of this post fits the word that God led me to this morning. Amos 9:11-12, " In that day I will restore David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places, restore it's ruins, and build it as it used to be, so that they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the nations that bear my name, declares the Lord, who will do these things."

Ask me how many times I have even turned to the book of Amos! It's so funny, I opened my bible and this is right where the pages fell this morning. I was so hungry for the right word from God today. Over the last week, even though I have been feeling better in many areas, some things just aren't quite the same. So, of course, being the enemy that he is, the doubt tries to come in and tell me that my body will never be free or the same again after all of this has happened.

How about this Word that God put right in front of me to confirm that He will repair the broken places, restore the ruins and BUILD IT AS IT USED TO BE! We have been asking God for complete freedom and restoration, so why do I let myself doubt that He will do anything less. I am really having to work hard at believing and not doubting this, just being completely honest. I know that struggling is apart of this life, but I believe that God wants to completely free me from this physical struggle. It's just hard to hang on to some days.

But God's Word has just told me that I can have my cake and eat it to. I can possess the truths in the Word of God and see it manifest in my life...for real. I am overwhelmed every time I dive into His Word. This morning I woke up craving Him, like that piece of cake I had last night and I love being in this place. Find your piece of cake today in God's Word and enjoy every bite!

1 comment: