Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

" I need a Word"

So I have what I call reality of the world days and reality of what God says days. Yesterday was one of those reality of the world days, it hit me hard but it didn't knock me down. We saw the Endocrinologist yesterday and after looking at all of our recent findings he doesn't think that I have a primary adrenal problem. He does think that I have a secondary adrenal issue that can be caused by high doses of steroids, thus the reason I completely spiraled after the treatments that I had over a month ago. So in order to really prove that there is no primary adrenal issue we are going to go through with a formal test this coming Monday that will show us that. This means that I have to wean off the steroids that rebuild the adrenals to have the test. Chad and I are at peace with this because we didn't want my body being dependent on steroids for no reason. So that's good news, but just feels like we are kind of starting over in a way. We are praying that I will have no side effects from the wean and that my body will continue to build strength. Please pray that with us!

Yesterday afternoon, Sam, our 2 year old, didn't take a nap so he was snuggling on the couch with me. If he is not eating or sleeping, he wants to be on his mommy's lap lately and I love it! Since I was having "one of those days" I was just soaking the healing in through my baby loving on me and in my mind was thinking of all the things that this world is bombarding me with and out of my mouth I said to God, " Lord, all I need is a Word." Immediately after I said that, I heard God say, " I already gave you my Word." Oh yeah, my flesh must have forgotten who it's boss is. God and His Word.

2 Corinthians 10:4 +5, " For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."

I feel so overwhelmed some days because I allow the imaginations and thoughts that work against the knowledge of God to be bigger than what God is saying. The reality of His Word. I have to work at this harder some days. The battle is definitely for my mind. That stronghold of fear and doubt has to go. I am casting down every thought and imagination of what could be going on in me and believing what God is saying.

He says I'm healed of sickness and disease, no matter what I feel or see. He says I shall not die, but live, no matter what I feel or see. He says that I am free. I am imagining what God has on the other side of all this, not what my enemy is imagining. I WILL NOT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT GOD'S WORD SAYS I SHOULD HAVE. Neither should you! Let's help each other to keep moving forward. I need all of your encouraging words, they bring life to me, they are so valuable. God's Word is so valuable. Thank You Jesus.

4 comments:

  1. Mandy, although we have never met, I want you to know I have been praying for you, particularly during the 21 day fast. You have come to my mind in particular during our community prayer time at the church when Pastor asks us to pray for a spirit of joy to rise up and how the victory is won when we are used of God. Through this blog you are being used for His purposes and I believe the victory of your healing is already won!

    This blog connected, for me, to your previous message about SAYING the truth. Therefore, I speak life into your body and spirit and claim the promises in God's word for you.

    Proverbs 4:20-22 "My son, attend to My words; incline your ear to My sayings. Let them not depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart. For they are life to those that find them, and health to all their flesh."

    1 John 5:4 "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world - my faith."

    Your blogs have been such an example of faith and I pray that these words I have (audibly)spoken, as well as written, bring power, peace and joy to you and encourage you as much as your words have encouraged me.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tracy! These words do bring much power, peace and joy to me and I appreciate this so much. You are so encouraging and I thank you for following our journey and standing in the gap with us. It means more than you will ever know. I will keep you and these words in my spirit. God is doing some amazing things through our journey and we are holding Him to His Word, knowing that it will not return void. When I can make it back to church, I would love to meet you!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete