Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let the shaking begin...or just keep going...

So here we go again...the war is raging and the ground is shaking all around us! My body is really starting to feel the effects of being off the ms medications. Last year when I got off of them, 3 weeks in my legs starting going numb and got really weak. Here we are 3 weeks in and the same thing is threatening to start up again. Needless to say, my world is shaking around me, but this time, I am running to my only answer...Jesus. Not what the world has to offer, because they really don't have anything to offer.

I have to confess, I have cried my tears of fear out this morning to God and am feeling much more graced up and ready to face this beautiful day that lays before me. Remember in my last post I said that our new motto around here is, " If we don't hear anything, we don't do anything." ? We are still hanging on to that. A couple of things that I know for sure that God is saying as I was praying through all of this. I heard His gentle voice say, " Be still and know that I am God." I also keep hearing Him say, " This to shall pass." I am hanging on to every word He says...it's all I've got right now.

I can't explain to the fullest the amount of torment that we go through in our minds and the torment I go through in my body to overcome on a day to day basis. This is hard. But today, there are a few  things that I am determined to do:

1.Keep my mind fixed on Jesus, that's where perfect peace is. ( Isaiah 26:3)

2. To not be shaken by what I feel and/or see. ( Hebrews 12:27-29)

3. Stand on Psalm 46, "  God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present  help in trouble, Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; He lifts His voice, the earth melts. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Come and see the works of the Lord, the desolations He has brought on the earth. He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; He breaks the bow and shatters the spear, He burns the shields with fire. "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."

We have told so many of you that your prayers are adding layers of grace to us in this season. You fighting with us is what keeps us moving forward on top of God's promises in our lives. Please keep praying. I know that the best is yet to come, just trying to convince my body of it!

God is good and we trust Him(cue a big sigh of relief :-) Thank You Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment