Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

I can predict the future...

You heard me right. I can predict the future. I have this secret weapon, it's called the Word of God. It tells me everything that was, that is and that will be. It's the most powerful weapon I have ever had in my possession.

This week marks 3 1/2 months of being off of all ms medications. Let's just give God glory now! Am I completely symptom free? Absolutely....NOT! Lol! Yes, I can laugh, because that weapon I own tells me that I will be free.

Every time I open the Word over the last few weeks, I keep going back to Romans 5. There is something that God is trying to get through this thick skull of mine apparently. But today, I can't even get past the first 2 verses, " Therefore, since we have been justified (qualified) through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace (favor) in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God."

Yeah, exactly, so much freedom and truth in those two verses. So much that if we really understand them we can live a victorious, amazing day. We are qualified through the faith that we have in Jesus and therefore have obtained the grace (favor) with God Almighty, that helps us survive every day. And we rejoice in the hope that God's glory will be made known through us!

I was asked this past week how do I experience God and the first thing that rolled off my lips was by opening the Word of God. When I open the Word, it doesn't matter how I feel, if my boys are running around being crazy, the house is a mess etc...Jesus comes to life right then to me. Experiencing God used to just be about a feeling for me, but it hasn't been that way for quite some time.

Then I was asked what happens when I experience Jesus. And again, the first thing that flowed from my mouth, without even having to think, was that Jesus comes to life and therefore all of His promises come to life and it completely erases any fear and doubt that I may have woken up with that day. I live each day in freedom because of this. At least for now, freedom in my mind, gradually in my body.

This week, I have been given the opportunity to sing at our worship night. God told me to be there and available, so I am doing it completely out of faith. For those of you who know this journey, this is quite a big moment for me and a miracle for me to be able to step on the stage. I don't like to be needy...but I need all of you praying for me this week! I have no agenda other than His so I know that He will be there in the moment. Just have to keep my mind out of trouble and all of you backing me up helps big time with that :-)

Okay, are you ready? I am gonna predict our future right now...Jeremiah 29:11, " For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

If you haven't spoken the Word over your life yet today, STOP whatever you are doing and run to it. There's nothing more important!

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you Mandy. I don't always comment on your blogs but I always read them. They always encourage me to continue to persevere. I can predict the future too. Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. James 1:12. It's amazing to see how God is using this situation for good. I know it's only the beginning and that God is up to more than we know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keandra...you are so amazing, thanks for this Word...it's really encouraging me right now. Praying for you in your journey and like you said, I know God is up to more than we know!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm so excited that you will be singing tonight!!! Praise God! I'm definitely praying for you. You are so full of Jesus Mandy! Thank you for this amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...thanks Tamara, we will see how God chooses to use me tonight and the rest of the team. We are all really expecting amazing things. You know me, I'm just grateful that I get to walk onto that black wood! Hope to see you there!

      Delete