Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

33 Years of Life and Death

So yesterday, as most of you know, I turned 33! Happy Birthday to me :-) I have been dwelling on a thought for a week or so and just didn't want to put it out there until the Holy Spirit released me to do so. So technically speaking, I am now entering my 34th year of life so last year was my 33rd year of life and I couldn't help but think about Jesus. Jesus died at 33. Easter and His sacrifice has had so much more meaning and impact to me this year because of all that I went through last year.

I was thinking, my 33rd year was filled with more life than I have ever experienced but at the same time more dying to myself than ever before. 33, a year of life and death. You all know how strongly I feel about the Word of God and the power that it holds. As I have been confessing more and more Word lately there are some particular scriptures that have really been moving me and giving me a ton of hope.

Jesus said in Isaiah 55:11, " So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but IT SHALL ACCOMPLISH WHAT I PLEASE, AND IT SHALL PROSPER IN THE THING FOR WHICH I SENT IT."

John 1:1, " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

So back to Jesus, He was the living Word. He was sent to accomplish something. He was sent to deliver us. And according to the Word of God Jesus prospered and accomplished that goal.

Here are just a few promises that have not returned void for me:

Jeremiah 33:6, " Behold, I will bring health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth."

Psalm 118:17, " I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord."

Psalm 107:19-20, " Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses. HE SENT HIS WORD AND HEALED THEM, AND DELIVERED THEM FROM THEIR DESTRUCTIONS."

Isaiah 40:31, " Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary , they shall walk and not faint."

Those are just a few that I have been standing on that I am seeing them manifest themselves in my life. They are not returning void in my world. God's Word is living and active and not returning void!

So yesterday not only did we celebrate my birthday but also we celebrated the fact that I have been off all ms medications for 8 months! Now tell me God's Word doesn't work. It does and it will change us from the inside out if we let it. Keep confessing it, keep it in front of you, never let it depart from your eyes (Proverbs 4:20-22).

No comments:

Post a Comment