Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

How does He do it?

I found myself sitting in the waiting room of my neurologist office this past Friday. It's been awhile since I've had to visit there but there was some concern of infection that was confirmed, but no new ms stuff...still healed, like I ever doubted it! Anyway, as I was sitting in the waiting room, I found myself having to fight back the tears for those I was surrounded by. That whole room was filled with some very sick people. Tormented, no doubt, in their bodies, in their minds and in their spirits even if they do or don't know God. I have NEVER felt this kind of burden like that the whole time I have been dealing with sickness and disease. I know for a fact that it was the burden of the Lord for those people welling up inside of me.

Isaiah 61:1-3, " The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair..."

I didn't know any of those people, yet I was so burdened for them. There are also people that I know by name and I have been so burdened for them and praying for them to be delivered as well. I had this thought this morning and I asked God, " How did You do it and how do You do it now?". In other words, how does He do this, how does He see all those sick and dying and desperately in need of His touch and not totally break down and feel the weight of that? Well the obvious reason is because He is God, but when He suffered for us, He was reaching out to us in that suffering saying, " I am suffering, so you don't have to. My grace and divine healing power is there to set you free. My Word is living and active in you. I left the Holy Spirit to be your Helper, to empower you and anoint you to be free! And not only that but set other people free by walking in that authority!!!".

Come on somebody!!! I think that God grieves more over the fact that we don't walk out what He actually suffered for. Don't you? I mean, if it were me, I'd be like, " I died for you people, I changed the world and you aren't taking advantage of that??? I went through all of that for nothing???" Probably good that I'm not God LOL!

See if we are bold enough to walk out God's promises then Matthew 11:30 is true for us, " For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." You know why? Because instead of sitting there holding back the tears in that waiting room, I could have gotten up and started praying for those people. I know, it sounds charismatic and off the wall, but Jesus did it. He didn't wait, He just prayed and did as God said in that moment. He was led by the Spirit of God every moment of His life.

I don't think I can ever achieve that level of perfection , but man, I want to come pretty close. I DESPERATELY WANT TO SEE PEOPLE FREE! Just free, no matter what that means in their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment