Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Why Wait?

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it" Proverbs 22:6

I have heard this verse all my life and more than I would like to admit have been subjected to its teaching growing up. I have always associated this verse with the parent/child relationship and rightfully so. But I had a quick but meaningful encounter with Parker my 3 year old this morning that got me thinking...

Parker asked if he could brush my hair. Since this always feels like a minor massage I said absolutely! Little did I know I was being ministered to. The first words out of Parker's mouth were "Daddy, your hair is crazy. Let me fix it." I just got done doing my hair! I didn't think my hair was crazy!

This innocent but honest exhortation from my son was just play but poked my spirit-man a little. In Luke 18:6 it says "But Jesus called the children to him and said "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these"." Children can easily cut to the chase without any issue. If there is a problem, they don't agree with something or they see something out of place (like my hair) they seem to address it right then. I am sure the children were a welcomed site for Jesus after dealing with grown ups.

Man can I learn from that! As God goes about training me up as His child, when He points something out just go ahead and change it! No Excuses! Why wait!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are doing a great job with the blog. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete