Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

Another Big Leap in the Process...I need some Rest!

It's interesting and extremely non-coincidental that the gift on my life is that of healing and peace. I have been told by countless people that when I speak or sing, that the anointing on my life brings healing and peace to the spirit and soul. The very first song that I sang when I took the platform at our church is a song by Rita Springer called "Resting". I mean, really, you have to see God at work there.

Yesterday, well really over the last week, I have been struggling with a lot of discouragement. I am sure I don't have to explain why, but I will:-) I realize everyday that I need a creative miracle and a physical manifestation of that for my body to ever be the same again. Well, yesterday, as I was talking with some amazing women of God in my life and after crying and the Lord breaking me even more as I worshiped and devoured His Word He convicted me of yet another thing!

He revealed to me that every time I get discouraged, or every time I feel the need to fight, I fight the only person that is really for me and that has all the power in this whole process...Him. Let me explain. I battle with so much physically and feel it all day, everyday, but yet, everyday, I am standing on the promises of God. See, the enemy wants us to think that God's promises are not coming to life in us. That they are not true. That they are not real and working in our lives. He wants us to pick a fight with God so that he can continue to distract and deceive us. I fell into his little trap and let me say, it's been slowly but surely wearing me down.  I am so thankful that God opened my eyes to this.

 I have been questioning God, fighting Him, talking back to Him, saying, " Come on God, where is my healing? I am doing everything, here's Your promises, make them work." Do you know what God said back to me yesterday? " I have already answered all of your questions, the answer is Me and My Word and it's hidden in your heart and right in front of you, now REST in that. Quit fighting me and resist the enemy." Whoa...trust me on this one, it's much harder to fight against God and His promises than it is to use God's promises to fight the enemy. Think about that one.

James 4:7-8, " Submit yourselves, then, to God. RESIST the devil, and he WILL flee from you. Come near to God and He will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

So that's exactly what I did. This morning, I submitted myself to the Holy Spirit, like I do every morning but this time, I repented. I repented to God for striving with Him over things that He has already done. I will not allow the enemy to make me a double-minded woman. I made a commitment to God that I would not fight Him, but that every time I have the urge to fight, I will resist the devil and every symptom and baggage that comes with him. I am going to REST in the promises of God. Knowing full well that they have already come to pass and that God's timing is perfect. He loves me and His perfect love cast out all fear (1 John 4:18).

Romans 8:31, " What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" He is for me, He is for me, He is for me, He is for me, He is for me, He is for me, He is for me. The other popular song that God has allowed me to sing in our church is one called " You are for Me" by Kari Jobe. I just have to laugh, He has been pounding these truths in me and then all of the sudden they just come to life. This process is incredible.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post and very true how we can get confused on what or who we are actually fighting against. Thanks for your transparency Mandy. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete