Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

"I'm all alone, there's no one here, beside me"

You've heard that song, right??? LOL! I have worship music playing right now and that song still popped into my head in regards to this post today! This morning is the first morning of me being alone with my boys, nobody else here to help for a little while yet. Not gonna lie, I was a little nervous at first, but then I remembered...Jesus...He knew this morning would come. He is showing me right now that He has matured me, instead of getting worried, I went straight to His Word and got the peace that passes all understanding! God challenged me with this Word this morning:


Philippians 3:13-16, " Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained."

Nice...thanks for the gentle slap in the face! In order to press forward into all that God has for me, I have to forget what's happened over the last couple of months, really as I am writing this, the last 7 years. Oh and then for just a little extra sting, Paul says, those of us who are mature should see this. So funny...I guess I'm not that mature yet...but I'm closer!

I love the last line too, " Only let us live up to what we have already attained." That takes a little bit of the sting away, kind of :-)...I have attained a lot over these last couple of months and I need to live up to that. With all the promises that God has put in front of me and all the ones He has fulfilled, it should be easy, yet this flesh gets in the way, still, but at least now my flesh knows whose boss!

So even though I have my reinforcements coming soon, I have the best Enforcer sitting right with me. I am gonna press forward and trust Him and know that He orders my EVERY step. It's gonna be a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment