Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Promises, Promises, Promises...

I woke up this morning with my body feeling,how should I say this, let's just say it's feeling...feeling everything...lol. As I was slowly getting myself ready for the day I was sitting with Chad and I said to him, " You know this would all be really discouraging if I didn't know that God was going to bring me through to the other side of all this stuff." And being the amazing man that he is, he said, " Of course it would be..." and then he laid hands on me and began to speak life into my body just like he does every day.

I made my way to my temporary hiding place, aka, the couch, and began to wash my mind in the Word as I do everyday. And this is what God gave me: Psalm 119:50, " My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." Yes, amazing and God must have heard my conversation with Chad this morning :-D

I have noticed through my 7 year journey with my body and countless doctors that no one on this earth can really guarantee or promise anything. Everything comes with a disclaimer. Everything comes with fine print. Pretty much everything offered is to mask whatever is going on and then hopefully get to the root of the issue and resolve it. That's what this world has to offer...but the Kingdom of God offers all the truth and all the answers. 

When you feel undiagnosable, Jesus says, " By My stripes you are healed." When you feel down and discouraged, Jesus says, " Greater am I who lives in you, than he that is in the world." When you feel like your suffering is just to much to bear, Jesus says, " My promise preserves your life and My grace is sufficient for you." No disclaimers or fine print. His promises are the only ones that are actually true and actually come to pass. You know it and I know because we have seen them at one time or another manifest themselves in our lives. This is why we have to be so careful to not allow ourselves to put our hope in the system of this world but to keep our hope in God's system, His Word.

My belief is that at the root of every issue there's these spirits called fear and doubt. Those two spirits are what keep us from having faith and confidence in what God is saying. If we can get ourselves free from them then victory will come in every area, because God has a promise for everything in our lives. So incredible, isn't it???

I can't say this enough, KEEP PRESSING INTO TO GOD'S WORD. If you want His promises, that's the way you get them. You hide them in your heart and make them apart of you until they transform you from the inside out. Whatever you are walking through, I am praying that we get to the other side of it together. I am praying that we will all have the faith and confidence that we need in God and His Word to overcome while we walk this earth. Promises, promises, promises...the right ones will set us free!

2 comments: