Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tangled


Some of you might find this amusing and some of you might find it a bit childish and immature, but this is the way God speaks to me sometimes! Actually a lot of the time! I have a 2 and 3 year old so everything has to be broken down for me and put into simple terms because I don't have a whole lot of comprehension ability it seems some days (can I get an AMEN from every mom out there???).

Anyway, this morning I woke up with the lyrics to a really sweet song called "I See The Light" sung by Flynn and Rapunzel towards the end of an adventurous,treacherous yet loving tale/movie called "Tangled". It's really only a couple of lines from the chorus that have been ringing in my head but all the words to the chorus apply to what God is saying to me today:

And at last I see the light
And it's like the fog has lifted
And at last I see the light
And it's like the sky is new
And it's warm and real and bright
And the world has somehow shifted


All at once everything looks different
Now that I see you


No matter how many times I see this movie, this part brings tears to my eyes. I know, ridiculous, but even now, it brings tears to my eyes because right now, it's what I am experiencing in the spirit and it's awesome.

 Psalm 119:130, " The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple." God's Word has been unfolding and shedding light on everything in my life. I am a very simple person and He has been giving me so much understanding. The last two lines of that song, " All at once everything looks different, now that I see You", those are the only two lines that keep singing in me, like a love song straight to Him. Cheesy, I know...but it's right where this simple girl is. The fog has lifted and it's amazing to see Jesus the way I have desired to see Him for so long. His Word is making Him more and more visible and I feel romanced by Him, loved by Him and pursued by Him.

My husband, Chad, makes me feel like this in the natural. He is the most amazing, faithful, loving and patient man. When he holds me or hugs me it's like God has come down in human form and is tangibly allowing me to feel His love (lol, some of you are probably like gag me with a spoon!). I thank God that He uses other people to show us in a tangible form how much He really cares for us and loves us. But now, when I read God's Word and see Him so clearly, it's like He is tangibly here with me loving on me and talking to me just as if He were here in the flesh. I crave Him, just like I crave my husband's strong arms wrapped around me.

I love this journey He has us on because He is bringing everything to light so that we can live His perfect will set before us.



1 comment:

  1. Mandy, Thanks for sharing! This is an amazing story and Mandy you are so strong. May God bless you and your family in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete