Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Starving!!!

I wake this morning craving the Word of God like it's a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, those of you who know me well, you know that's a pretty big deal!  I seriously cannot get enough of it. This is the word I am chewing on today...

Psalm 34:1-10, " I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me;let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and he answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant;their faces are never covered with shame. This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;He saved him out of all of his troubles.The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and He delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him. Fear the Lord, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."

I think it's interesting that March just happens to be ms awareness month. I'm aware alright...I don't need a month dedicated to it. They call it the MonSter within...sickening isn't it. I'm sorry if someone finds this offensive but I think we are exalting the wrong thing. We need to be more aware of what the Word says than about this total scheme of the enemy to cripple people spiritually, emotionally and physically.

Monster defined: any creature so ugly or monstrous so as to frighten people. I am almost laughing out loud at this...this is really what ms is...a creature so ugly and monstrous that it causes fear in people...fear, not faith. That's not okay! MS may manifest itself physically, but it's nothing more than an enemy to be trampled under our feet.  How can the spirit of God in us not be bigger than that. I refuse to believe it. There is no monster in me...there is only faith and belief that I lack no good thing because I fear one thing only JESUS CHRIST, MY REDEEMER, MY HEALER, BIGGER THAN ANY MONSTER THAT COULD EVER TRY TO BRING FEAR TO MY LIFE.

Whatever your situation, you cannot serve two masters. Matthew 6:24, " No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and the World." I choose to be devoted to God and His living and active Word and let Him take care of the world for me. I am no servant to any monster and you shouldn't be either. We have a choice. My faith has me in a certain process, it may not be your process. We all have to start somewhere. I am still using what the world has to offer in my situation, but instead of just depending on that I have changed my focus to the fact that God is the only answer and we are making our decisions based on what He is saying, not what this world or my physical body tells us we should do. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure God is totally proving Himself to us as we do this. We have a good and loving God who meets us right where we are, today, everyday, every hour, every minute and every second. He isn't judging us, He is waiting for us to totally trust.

I am having to continually choose to serve Him and not bow to this flesh...it's hard and days like today, I need more encouragement and I need to utilize the equipment until I get the victory.

Thank You Jesus for Your Word. Thank You Jesus that healing is mine, thank You that I lack no good thing today. Thank You that You never leave me or forsake me and no matter what I feel, my faith tells me that You are bigger and I will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony. You are making all things new...no going back Jesus...Nahum 1:9, " Affliction will not rise up a second time". Trust You Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment