Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Don't sweat the small stuff

I woke up with Francesca Battistelli's song "This is the stuff" in my head. Weird, can't tell you the last time I even heard this song.

 Chorus:

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use


I have two perspectives on this morning:

1. These last two months almost 3, the small stuff has been driving me crazy. Like, not being able to get off the couch without assistance or make my own food or do my own laundry, manage my home. Being able to just fold some laundry and put it away or just being able to do the dishes, change a diaper...drive. Play on the floor with my babies...you get my point.

2. God has really been talking to me this morning about not sweating the "small" stuff. Over the last couple of days, I have been physically regaining strength and have been able to get up off the couch without assistance. Yesterday, I made my own meals and even did a little picking up around the house. Starting bicycling laying down. These are some of my small things that I am not sweating about anymore. The other things will come in time.

In the midst of not being able and then being able, I have not forgotten how big I am blessed, like the song says. There are so many people suffering and for some reason, I can't even type this line without crying. Tears are literally streaming down my face because I am so blessed despite what I have been going through. I am so blessed and taken care of. I have so many people surrounding me, when others have no one. It doesn't feel or seem like I have suffered at all, but only that I have gained something priceless...a stronger faith.

Philippians 3: 8-9, " What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ,the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith."

I have by no means lost all things. Thank You Jesus. But I know what Paul is saying. No pain or suffering or loss of anything compares to knowing Him in a greater way to the point where you know without a shadow of a doubt that your faith has come straight from God and not just from what you have been told or read. Straight from God Himself, that makes it so real.

We still have more answers to gain in this physical realm, but I am not sweating any of it. I am so grateful and blessed and see how God is continuing to show Himself so strong to me. I'm just at a point where, despite what's going on around me, I just want to know Him as deeply as He will allow me to. It's like Chad and I, the longer we've been married, the more in love we are. The same with God, the longer I pursue Him, the more in love with Him I become. It's so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment