Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

"Live long and Prosper"

Sorry, I couldn't resist the title. I woke up with the Holy Spirit speaking the word prosper to me this morning and I couldn't stop thinking of  Spock from Star Trek...lol...I am so easily amused :-)

3 John 1:2, " Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in good health, even as thy soul prospers."  Jeremiah 29:11, " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

Let me say this first or nothing else I am about to say will matter at all. We have to know that God's Word is real and that it is living and active in our lives, IF we allow it to be. On this journey, God's Word is becoming more real than what I have been taught is tangible. In other words, I am not a human having a spiritual experience, I am a spirit having a human experience. Made in God's image, I am spirit so His Word is the most tangible thing in my life. Sounds crazy because our bodies try and trick us into believing that what we FEEL is what is real, but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that is so opposite from the truth. If God's Word says it, then it is. If He says that He has plans to prosper me not to harm me, than that's it, no doubt. When a doctor says to you, you have a cold, you look at him and because of the evidence of what you feel is so real to you, you say okay doc, you're right and you take the doctors orders and proceed down the path that is tangible to get well. Not saying this is wrong, it's just our process, right?

WHY DON'T WE TREAT GOD'S WORD THIS WAY????????? Isn't He more real than anything? Isn't He the foundation of our entire existence??? What's the hang up? Why are we so far gone from REALLY trusting God's Word in our lives?

Please don't take this like I am trying to be some super spiritual person because I think that's a scheme of the enemy to turn people off from living in a way that's truly prosperous. The enemy tries to tell us that we are being holier than thou or that it's unobtainable to actually live by the Word of God without being a stiff or that we can never enjoy the life that God so graciously put in front of us. Most of you reading this know that I am a very real person, who enjoys life. I don't just want to enjoy it, I want to prosper in it and see God's Kingdom forcefully advanced in the midst of it. I want full victory, the way God intended it to be for us. He didn't die for us in vain.

So the info you are all probably waiting for. We met with the internal medicine doctor yesterday and he was a total gift and answer from God. He spent a lot of time with us and sent us away with immediate answers and procedures to try and get my physical body back under control. Chad and I were very encouraged and have a grace on us knowing that we are moving in the right direction. So praise God. I have to know that I am truly a spirit being because after this week, I'm not sure that I actually have any more physical blood in my body! Nothing has changed, our hope is still in Jesus and His process and we believe that this is Him directing us and meeting us where we are physically.

We are more pumped and more encouraged in our spirits than we have ever been. We are seeing what God is doing in, around and through us and all we can do is cry and laugh because of the goodness of God. We are amazed and just, well, speechless. God is pushing us into greater truth and pushing us outside of our box so that we can see the ways He is prospering us.

I know I keep saying this, but we need all of you praying still...DON'T BACK DOWN! We are praying for everyone who reads this that the Holy Spirit will encourage you the way He is us. We are an open door and an open book and so desire for all of you to speak into our lives. We love you all so much and are, again, so honored to have you in this with us.
 

2 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd tell you I think you're Crazy, but then i guess that would make me crazy too!!!!! love you, praying for you, and anxious to see what He's got planned!!!

    ReplyDelete