Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fight or Flight?

I just kissed my two babies goodbye and sent them with their Aunt Wendy to Georgia for the day where my sister Cathy lives now. They love it out there, it's like a vacation that's only about an hour away. For some reason when I was kissing them and sending them off all I could feel was the sense of loss. The frustration that the enemy has seemingly stolen so much precious time from me with them. I shed my tears and then began to search God's Word for something to comfort me in this. I know that the enemy only comes to steal and to kill and to destroy, but Jesus came so that I could have life and have life more abundantly (John 10:10). I miss that place and am longing for it today. I am having to make that choice to fight for truth and not be fearful of what I see.

This is where God led me: Luke 19:9-10, " Jesus said to him, " Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." Thank You Jesus...comfort in Your Word. Today salvation has come to my house and Jesus is seeking and is going to save what has been lost in my world.

It's frustrating to see your world stop and not be able to operate by your standard of normal. It's stressful to watch your family and friends sacrifice for you when you can't give back. That's what I fight in my flesh everyday. But my spirit man says, " Yes, and I will continue to rejoice for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."( Philippians 1:19-21)

The Autonomic Nervous System testing was (cue my sarcastic voice) very exciting. It might be the most uncomfortable thing I have ever had to go through, but it's done with and now we should be expecting a call to follow up on those results. Some of the things that were happening during the testing were indicating already that this may indeed be what we are dealing with, so we shall see. I'm grateful that I have no appointments today and am home to rest.

Today, I am just trying to hear Paul's words in my head, so that I stay out of the realm of discouragement because of my sheer exhaustion...." I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body..."

My spirit man is fighting really hard today. I know all of you have had those days too and I am praying that you find the comfort that I have found, the truth, the Word that will set you free from any discouragement or fears. The enemy may come to steal from me, but God is going to save what was lost...that's a promise. I've got my feet firmly planted on this truth today as if my life depended on it! Sickness and disease are not my reward. I will see and am already seeing the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living and God is going to continue to prosper my soul. I am going to continue to fight today. I know Him and because of that I love and trust Him and I know that He is faithful and true to His Word.

2 comments:

  1. Mandy, I know all too well about feeling that sense of loss as a mother when going through something like this. It's devastating to say the least. I pray for you and for myself that God will "restore the years the swarming locusts have stolen," and we will have back double the time we lost with our children over this. Good thing that God is growing them, loving them, developing them and giving them a security and peace supernaturally in our behalf. I believe that's a special blessing that He gives us moms who have had the hell beat out of us. Praying for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you do Chelsea and you are such an encouragement to have in my life right now because I know what you are going through and what you have been through. It's real and it's hard. I am so encouraged by your words. I keep hearing God say that He is going to double my time with them, so thanks for the confirmation. I'm praying for you too and love you so much :)

    ReplyDelete